Show IP Addresses for devices connected to Alta Switches

At the moment only wireless client devices display their ip address in the management console. Would be nice to see the ip address for WIRED client devices as well.

1 Like

I can confirm this is planned and will be added in a future switch firmware update.

2 Likes

@Erik This has been deployed! Please check it out and let us know what you think!

@Alta-Chase Thanks for letting me know. I just had a look in the cloud management, but I could not see any IP addresses in the Devices table. Restarted both my switches, but still nothing. Both Switches are running the latest firmware.

@Alta-MikeD @Alta-Chase Just checked again and I still don’t see any IP addresses for the devices connected to a switch. Have I misunderstood something here?

Does it affect all wired nodes? Or only some? By chance, are any of the wired nodes configured with a static IP (at the client side)?

To my knowledge there is a bug related with static IPs, which will be resolved in the next release. But it should be working for clients that pull from the DHCP pool.

It affects all wired nodes. One of those nodes has a static IP address configured in the router, but the other three are DHCP.

Thanks for confirming! By chance do you have S8-POE? If so, we just released firmware 2.1e which fixes support on that model. Please let me know, thanks!

After installing 2.1e, all of my IP addresses are showing up now, including my static IPs.

@Alta-MikeD Yes I have two of the S8-POE. 2.1e installed during the night and I rebooted by switches but I still don’t see any IP addresses for any wired devices. Do I have to reconnect the devices or maybe renew the dhcp lease or something for it work?

Similar to yourself - still not seeing any IPs either in the iOS app or on Manage.alta on my S8-POE on the latest firmware

I’m on the latest 2.1e firmware and confirm the same…no IPs

@Alta-MikeD Any thoughts on the mysteriously absent IP addresses? :slight_smile: