RADIUS-assigned VLANs

@Alta-Jeff Emailed them into support,

Sorry needed a while to reconfigure things so the SSID was only available on a single AP and also to get into the Ubiquiti device and perform a pcap

@Alta-Jeff Did you receive the logs I sent into support?

@dragon2611 Yes, itā€™s showing that device is configured for VLAN5. Are you sure that the device is not on VLAN5 after connecting?

I cannot reproduce the problem here. Everything is working fine for me with WPA3-Enterprise with RADIUS-assigned VLAN.

Yes thatā€™s the problem the radius server returned 15 not 5, 5 was the default vlan configured as fallback.

AVP: t=Tunnel-Private-Group-Id(81) l=4 val=15
Type: 81
Length: 4
Tunnel-Private-Group-Id: 15

Itā€™s packet 22 in the pcap I believe.

Iā€™m not sure why the RADIUS server would indicate the incorrect groupā€¦ Iā€™m using a Dream Machine as the RADIUS server successfully in my case. Does it work with any other VLANs or does it always get corrupted to 15?

-Jeff

It was supposed to be 15, the problem is the client ended up on vlan5 when the radius server said vlan 15.

The only way I got radius assigned vlans working was when I set the default vlan to 1 and also when I had wpa2 rather than wpa3

I cannot reproduce the problem here even if I use VLAN15ā€¦ If you reboot everything and start fresh does it still happen?

If you can invite me to your site, I can add some debug to the firmware on the AP to understand why it is assigning 5.

-Jeff

My email is jeff@alta.inc.

-Jeff

Right got it working with WPA3, the problem is default network VLAN, if itā€™s set to 1 then radius assigned VLAN works, if itā€™s set to anything else then youā€™ll just get thrown onto the Default vlan even if Multi Vlan is enabled.

Got it. Weā€™ll add this to our queue to fix.
-Jeff

1 Like

This issue will be resolved in 2.0q which should go out by the end of the day.

-Jeff

This fix has been released in 2.0q.

Please let us know if you have any other issues!

-Jeff