Port Info not showing on controller with Safari Browser

I’ve noticed that when using Safari on MacOS - configuring and viewing my 8 port switch is not possible because the options are missing from the ‘card’ when clicking on the switch from the devices screen.

Chrome seems to work fine. Thought I had better report this anomaly.

I’m using MacOS Sonoma 14.1

Thanks for the report @oakserver, would it be possible to get a screenshot with the Console view of the developers options displayed?

Hi,

I’m not sure what you mean by developer options but here is a screenshot along with some error information that I found on the web inspector. Not sure if this is useful?

Yep, that’s exactly what I was looking for. So first, let me start by letting you guys know that we can’t reproduce it internally.

That, coupled with the messages in the screenshot suggest a possible caching issue. Could you try whatever Safari calls its private browsing, equivalent to Chrome’s Incognito mode, just as a quick test please?

Ok, yes in ‘Private Window’ everything worked perfectly
I’ve now cleared my normal browser history from the beginning of time and it’s working fine now.
As you suggest it must have been cache related.

Awesome! Glad you’re seeing what you should be seeing now!

@Alta-Matt_v2 - Unfortunately I’ve found my Safari browser not showing ports again when clicking on my switch icon. It’s been fine until today. Just thought I’d mention it in case there is something that can be done about it.

It could be a browser bug as I’m on a beta version of MacOS so next time I’m on an official release I’ll see if it still occurs. I can work around with Chrome so its no big deal but it would be nice to have it working reliably with Safari.

Hmmm. I do recall Safari having its own caveats that were always fun to develop around. I’ve let the developers know about the situation and they will be looking into it further.