Last night my switches (S16-POE and S8-POE) were updated with the 1.2m firmware.
This morning I noticed that my KPN (Dutch ISP) IPTV stream which goes through the LAN network with multicast traffic gives a static image +/- 5 minutes. Before the update this worked fine.
I have checked and performed the following:
- KPN has no outage in their TV service
- IGMP snooping is enabled on the default (and only) VLAN1
- After rebooting the S8-POE where the KPN IPTV receiver is connected, it works again +/- 5 minutes
- Switching to another channel also results in +/- 5 minutes of moving images again
- The problem is each easy to reproduce, matter of watching TV and waiting +/- 5 minutes.
Setup: KPN router > S16-POE > S8-POE > KPN IPTV receiver.
A firmware rollback would come in handy now, but I read somewhere on this forum that this is not possible or will be possible in the future.
Now I have to explain this to the rest of the household
How can I/we find out what is causing this?
Which SSH command can I use to pull out the logs from the switch to post here?
The answer to my own question: Matter of browsing to /tmp/log/ and then looking in to the messages file.
When necessary, I can provide the ‘messages’-file.