First Alta labs client install

I run a boutique WiFi / AV installer based in Dubai - we install a lot of Ubiquiti and Aruba kit in the past but always looking for something new. Have been testing an AP6 and AP6 Pro for a while, but are now getting them out to clients.

Did a small 3 AP6 plus 8 port switch setup for a client in a townhouse, the homes here all come with existing infrastructure and the clients are renting, so wall mounted APs, switch in their network cabinet and a firewalla purple to run it all and also provide a VPN network via a second SSID / Vlan.

From this:

To this:

And replaced their little D-link router and second network in their bedroom with this:

Works really well, 600Mbps+ throughput from the APs and it roams nicely.

Next confirmed Alta Labs setup is a 7 AP6 Pro + 16 Port switch + Firewalla Gold SE, with ceiling mounted APs so shall post that up when it happens…

9 Likes

Hi Adam,

nice job, rented homes are the worst they leave very little to no creativity :slight_smile:

We are in the same business just that I’m in the SF Bay.

Daniel

1 Like

This is awesome, thank you for posting Adam!

1 Like

We do loads of rented homes here - and yes, makes it a bit tougher. Especially when you’re quoting $2500+ setups…
Still, it pays the bills and we get a decent amount of renovation work which are much more fun. I just need more decent staff!

1 Like

That’s a tough budget, but with Alta Labs you can still get by with, we use Alta Labs to attack the “prosumer market” (eero/orbe etc) in our custom buildouts we use a different brand which I won’t mention here, but you can find it in my profile. Recruiting has been tough especially when you need people with construction & low voltage background. Installations with us usually start at $8K on average just in labor alone.