Cloud Control to Local Control Migration

I deleted my APs from cloud control 1 at a time and they each showed up to add to the local controller. My first AP added no problem but my other 2 and my switch just get stuck on “disconnected” after being added.

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 1.57.44 AM
After a factory reset I no longer get the activate screen I get this?

From Memory, you just copy and paste the URL of the controller and then hit the connect to controller button

Exactly what user 19 said. Simply copy the local. domain into there and it will show up in your local controller :slight_smile:

Yeah it didn’t have a URL after reset. I figured it out IP had changed and I was able to get it setup again.

IP changed after the reset and it had a new local URL. Found the new IP was able to get it setup again and finally got all APs to transfer over.

Awesome! Did you set the IP static now?

My APs and switch are static. Where is the setting for the controller IP?

There isn’t one at the moment - you will need to set a static via your router etc.

1 Like

That’s what I figured

I was wondering, how do you figure this out? I migrated everything from the cloud to the local controller (hardware) and I searched for the transfer or migration, but didn’t find anything… I had to remove and re-set up the device in the other controller… It was a HUGE pain in the ass since the devices were stuck in the disconnected state.

I finally migrate everything (3 APs + 1 switch) but It wasn’t nice :sweat_smile:

if there is any documentation, I would like to know it :smile:

@L3houx We will eventually add cloud->local controller migration, but the local controller is currently more geared for completely new installations at the present time.

As far as it being a pain, as long as you have deleted the devices from the cloud, they will actually show up seamlessly in the local controller, mind you without the configuration that they had on the cloud controller. So perhaps deleting the devices from the cloud instance was a key step that was missed.

1 Like