Black AP6-Pro looks legit!

We just had a couple AP6-Pros painted for a customer. They turned out awesome. I really wish Alta would come out with a Black AP option, hint hint

6 Likes

That’s very nice :ok_hand:

Very Nice…Would like a black one for outside as not a fan of white outside, all of my IP cameras are black.

Looks very nice, what exact paint do you use (link)?

Though the effect would be minimal this can affect the radiation properties. But as long it’s spread tin and no metal parts inside the paint it will be good (except for the warranty :slight_smile: ).

Also, the absorb rate will be higher with a darker color, that’s probably why white is the overall standard since they still coat APs but always in white). Since the wavelength is kinda long for RF ( 5-12cm depending on the band ) compared to infrared. The effect would be minimal or even not noticeable,

I think it is a matter of time before sleeves come out, I can imagine it’s not a priority right now. But I must admit it looks very smooth! and more industrial style :smiley:

I’ve painted several outdoor APs and PtP radios. The trick is to make sure you use a paint without any metal content in it. I have tested before and after paint in a couple locations with no difference in signal strength.

My go-to is the Performix Plasti Dip spray. I usually use the “Camo” product, which comes in brown, tan, and green, which covers most of my applications, but they have many other colors outside of the Camo line.

2 Likes

Looks really good in black. Ive just completed a project using the AP6-Pro and they wanted to spray paint them black. Can Alta Labs consider a black version for the AP6-pro and outdoor version.

While that would look awesome on the outdoor unit, that would have a dramatic affect on the thermals. It would kind of become its own barbecue at that point.