Access points checking into ping.alta.inc alot

I assume this is for it checking if it’s online, ect. But It’s been thousands of times in the past couple days.

This is normal, to measure uptime, etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

The joys of Torch on Mikrotik

Yes, it’s every 30 seconds per device. This allows us to ensure real-time connectivity 100% of the time, if the device needs to switch to mesh, etc.

1 Like

I get that it’s normal, but over one hundred thousand times within a few days? Maybe it was a bug but I’ve since rebooted my Altas.

Thanks!

@NightHawk It should be about 2.9k per day, per device. I can’t see any way we’d possibly send more than that under normal circumstances, based on the enforced delays. I can DM you the location right in the code if you’re interested.

2 Likes

All good, I thought I’d ask and mention the odd uptick in request. I’ll ping you guys if it happens again.

Hi @Alta-Jeff My AP6 (I have just one device) is checking 133627 a day into ping.alta.inc
A lot more then the 2.9k per day.

Could you help me figure out why it is doing this?

I will reach out to you directly.

With the help of @Alta-Jeff we saw that my AP6 was failing to ping the gateway, and was thus soft-failing it’s connectivity check. I’ve allowed pings to the gateway (since this was disabled for some strange unkown reason) and the pings are back to once every 30 seconds.

Thank you for your help Jeff! Much appreciated!

5 Likes