AP not showing in devices

could this option be enabled by default always on feature

I think I have a faulty AP… it appears to be in a constant boot cycle…. The switch shows Poe power to the AP but the data feed keeps dropping in and out…

Starlink is performing well have been usi by it on current system for about 6 weeks with no issue…

The AP won’t even show up on the dashboard as a device… hoping to RMA the unit

@Daniel_Jones I’d be surprised if the hardware is faulty, so let’s check a few things. Can we move to DM to work on this?

See my video: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d22BbbW_12KI2RHpQS9jwQaQ

The new AP is showing up, but after selecting set-up and connection made, it switches back to the main page.

@tallguy Thanks for reporting the issue! We can replicate and are working to resolve the issue ASAP. We will report back ASAP once the fix has been deployed.

@tallguy Can you confirm the version of the iOS app you are running? You can do that from within the mobile app. Click the account icon on the dashboard tab. Last line on the drop down menu.

@Daniel_Jones Your issue should be resolved with an upgrade to 1.1a firmware. If it is stuck in a boot loop, you can hold down the reset button as you power on the unit, and it will upgrade to 1.1a on its own.

iOS version is 16.5.1.

Eventually it did work. But only when I plugged the AP in my router directly. I have a unifi network (192.168.1.x) behind my fiber router but the router serves a different ip range (192.178.1.x).

that works fine going out, but apparently not for traffic coming in, which is not initiated from within the unifi network.

Sorry, app version is 1.0.3 (94)

@tallguy Thanks for the additional info! We will be back in touch on this shortly.

@tallguy Great news. The latest iOS build addressed the issue you identified and mentioned above.

2 Likes

Excellent feedback. Never received feedback on a bug being resolved. Purchased a second AP6 Pro to replace Ubiquiti.

1 Like

Hi I’m reopening this thread cause im in a bit of a pickle.

i have three ap’s connected to a POE+ switch with a line into my computer and a line going to an internet source.
The devices and my computers have been set to the native network but the ap’s are not showing up.

Is there anything that might be effecting them that ive overlooked?

1 Like

Hi @Diego, can you try holding down the reset button as the AP is being powered on? This will manually update the AP to the latest version.

Hi Stephen!

Yes i have held the reset button down for a period of time untill the light on the front flashed

If your computer can reach the internet, and the APs can reach the internet, they should appear in the app.

Can you confirm if you have any VLANs set up, or anything special with your switch config?

Hi matt,

Yes i agree with you but it 's not the case here. The computer has connection to the net but the AP’s are not showing.

The switch is nothing special just a standard unmanaged 4 port PoE+ switch, I tryed another switch to see if was a switch fault but still the same result. Also no vlans set up

Is the computer/device your using connected to any sort of VPN? Google One, iCloud Private Relay, 3rd Party VPN service etc? Make sure the WAN IP address you get at your device is the same WAN IP address your router has. If you are using anything that changes that between your router, AP, or device it won’t be discovered. On the device you are using to try and setup the AP go to whatismyip.com and make sure your public WAN IP matches what your router is getting.

Thanks for the chat this morning … let me know what you find from the school!

Will do matt thanks for the insight, not gonna forget the drinks i owe you haha

2 Likes